Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When Old Becomes New Again in Las Vegas

Whether it’s old houses being renovated or old movies being restored, Las Vegas residents are certainly attracted to both.  Over the past ten years I’ve seen dozens of Home Depots and Lowes stores spring up all over the Las Vegas Valley which includes Henderson and North Las Vegas.  All in very convenient locations for the everyday handy man and/or woman that recently bought a fixer upper house with the desire of turning it into a home…….a classic home to enjoy living in.  Many homebuyers are even purposefully seeking out "old Vegas" homes from the 60s and carefully updating the plumbing and electrical systems while retaining that "old Vegas" retro look in neighborhoods like Rancho Bel Air, Rancho Circle or the Scotch 80s.

A similar scenario has also recently been occurring with vintage classic films.  Digitally restored movies such as “Casa Blanca” and Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” have been brought to our local move theatres throughout the Valley.  And for "one night and one night only" each month, our local residents have thoroughly enjoyed them.  I for one had the pleasure of seeing both of these classics on the big screen with big sound in a theatre packed full of excited movie afficionados.  Young and old alike piled in to fill most of the seats.  It reminded me of the opening night for one of the new blockbusters such as “Transformers”, “Batman”, or “The Twilight  Series”. 
 
These vintage classics have been brought back to the big screen by fanthomevents.com.  I’m looking forward to December when an solid gold classic I’ve never seen will be on the big screen.  I don’t know how I’ve lived to be as old as I am and have never seen “To Kill a Mockingbird,” but I’m looking forward to this vintage film that will be brand new to me.

Patty Annis
Team Manager
The Tonnesen Team

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic website and I cannot recommend you guys enough Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work.
las vegas homes

Anonymous said...

Great info! Very simple and easy…nobody can explain as interesting as this. I appreciate your time and effort on making things simple and easily understandable. I have bookmarked your site...

Funeral Homes

Jessicca said...

sddddddddddddd

Buy Property Barcelona

Unknown said...

Congratulations Admin! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.
Work Space Search

Unknown said...

Great info! Very simple and easy thanks for sharing